The curved cutting edges simultaneously move forwards and sideways along the wood grain (scything action) creating a slicing-peeling action that requires less cutting force. Edges stay sharper longer. Other brand augers have a straight edge bulldozing cutting action resulting in high cutting loads, slower drilling and reduced productivity.
- > High Performance unique 4 cutting edges
- > Designed for toughest Australian hardwoods
- > Drills faster and easier than any other brand auger
- > Surface Treated with non-stick anti-corrosion coating for better chip evacuation
- > Excellent feed rate with greater chip evacuation
- > Easy to sharpen with round or half round file
Atom Augers have a 1/2” (12.7mm) shank and slot. Illustration shows fitted to Atom Engine Driven Drills and Atom Chain Saw Drill Attachment.
The Atom system is self-locking and will not loosen in use. Proven over 50 years as the superior locking system.
Atom Augers can be used with standard chuck system.