Registered Organic fruit fly bait spray for both male and female flies. Controls Queensland and Mediterranean fruit flies and has no withholding period. It combines specific food-based attractants which target only fruit flies and a bacteria-derived insecticide called spinosad. Fruit flies eat the bait and are killed by the organic insecticide.
eco-naturalure is applied as a spot spray in 30cm patches around the foliage of plants. No need to cover the whole tree or all the fruit. Must be applied weekly and after rain.
It is very important to start protecting fruit early in the season. The aim is to kill the fruit flies before they sting the fruit and to prevent population numbers exploding later in the season. We recommend applying eco-naturalure from petal drop as flies have been shown to sting green fruit as small as a marble.
- Effective on Queensland and Mediterranean fruit flies
- Attracts and kills male and female fruit flies
- Only requires spot spraying (entire plants and fruit do not need to be sprayed)
- Targets only fruit fly and won’t harm beneficial insects
- No withholding period (even if you get some on the fruit)
- Registered Organic (Australian Organic)
For people fighting the QLD fruit fly (found in all the mainland eastern states) we strongly recommend you also hang an eco-lure trap. This is a very useful monitoring tool to let you know when fruit flies are active and when to start spraying. Unfortunately the eco-lure trap does not work on the Mediterranean fruit fly found in WA.