Water Tank Treatment
A Healthy Water Tank Is Just Tablets Away
Regular water tank treatment is necessary to keep your water safe for consumption. 1 Tablet treats up to 2000L (5 x 20g tablets per packet) of water when used as a general treatment or precautionary measure. Best dosed in the evening, wait 12hrs after treatment before consuming treated water.
Over time, harmful organic materials such as biofilm, bacteria, fungi and viruses start building up in water tanks. This organic material can negatively affect the odour and taste of water and can be harmful to your health. The build-up of biofilm in pipes can also cause problems in the flow-rate and longevity of your system.
CleanOxide, which is pure Chlorine Dioxide, is the most easy to use and effective product on the market to maintain water tanks and ensure the water is safe for you to drink and use.
Rain Water Tank Guide
Many people around Australia rely on rainwater which is caught off the roof and stored in tanks for drinking, washing and many other uses. This can be perfectly safe, but does require a properly installed and maintained water catchment and storage system.
Recommended by the WHO
The World Health Organisation recommends and has rated Chlorine Dioxide as the most powerful water sanitiser in the world. It is a well known disinfectant for drinking water with many advantages over chlorination. Worldwide over 900 public water systems are using chlorine dioxide for water disinfection.
Safer than Chlorine
In comparison when Chlorine is used to treat water stored in tanks, it produces a number of undesirable by-products including Carcinogenic Trihalomethanes. Whereas Chlorine Dioxide does not produce any of these dangerous by-products.
Benefits of CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide
- Effective over a broad pH range (4 to 10).
- Controls bacteria, fungi, viruses, biofilm and algae.
- Does not react with ammonia & does not produce toxic compounds in contact with organic materials present in water.
- Effective at lower dose rates than chlorine or bromine.
- Non-corrosive at the recommended dose rates.
- Bio-degradable in sunlight.
- Micro-organisms do not develop resistance to Clean Oxide.
- Safe for consumption and approved for use in Australia and around the world.
- After opening, best used within 12 months.